2016 Kia Forte drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Kia Forte:

2016 Kia Forte Owner Comments

May 282016

Forte

I bought a brand new Kia Forte 2016 on 5/27/2016. Since day one, I've been facing a problem that I think is a big safety issue. When driving the car at regular speeds, the car suddenly loses acceleration and even if I hit the gas pedal, nothing happens for 2-3 seconds and after 2-3 seconds, the gas pedal starts to respond. This has landed me into problems at various times and I almost went to an accident. 1. once I was changing lanes while driving at 45 mph, and all of a sudden the acceleration of the car dropped and I felt certain that somebody would hit me from the side because my car just won't accelerate. 2. once driving at 50 mph, the car suddenly dropped acceleration and the car behind me came so close that I feared that it would hit me. Fortunately the other car driver realised my dropped accleration and slowed down. Incidents like #2 have happened many times and I have taken the car to a Kia dealership (gerald Kia of naperville, il) but they simply told me that there was nothing wrong with the car because they couldn't reproduce the problem. This problem is intermittent and I don't know of a sure fire way to reproduce this problem, but someone has to believe me that it happens all of a sudden in the middle of the road and it really scares the heck out of me. Since the car manufacturer and the dealership is not helping me at all, I want to bring this problem to the attention of the us government. I really feel that this is a big safety issue for me and my family and I don't feel safe at all while driving this car. I spent my money on a brand new car but the car manufacturer and the dealer are not ready to help me. My family members have also driven this car and they can also testify. Please help me with this problem. I don't have enough money to buy a replacement.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA