2001 Kia Optima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Optima:

2001 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Jan 292003

Optima 6-cyl

I have took my car in numerous time for the squeking brakes. Also, the thermostat has been replaced for the 4th time. I have had my car since Nov of 2001. Since then I have had it in the dealer ship about 10 times. I have taken it to 2 different dealers. The brakes they just blow out and say it is mettalic dust. That I need to clear them out when the car is washed. The squeak still comes back. They have also told me it is the humidity doing this. The thermostat has been replaced for the 4th time today. Also, I have had problems with my locks and enigne light coming on all the time. I have had problems with the air bag light also. The car has been nothing but problems. I have notified the Kia consumer customer services no help at all. My complaints go back about 1 yr. It all started in Jan of 2002

- Omaha, NE, USA