2001 Kia Optima wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Optima:

2001 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Apr 082009

I have a 2001 Kia Optima with only 62,000 miles. Car was pulling to right thought I needed an alignment. When car went up on lift mechanics were surprised that car was still drivable and that we were safe. Frame/subframe under pass. Seat was rusted through, about the size of softball. Makes me sick to think that I had my medically invalid daughter in this car. When doing research on car I see a lot of rust issues in frame, subframe or rocker arm area. There must be some thing done about this problem. Seems like there is a one problem (rust in frame area) but there are different outcomes in the frame /tire/under engine area. Still waiting to hear from dealer regarding repair cost-- I will fight not to pay. This is a safety issue there should be recalls.

- Danvers, MA, USA