2004 Kia Optima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Optima:

2004 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Jul 142010

Driver door refused to open. I have a disability so this created a huge problem for me. When I put gas in my car (regardless of grade or gas station) my car refuses to start. When I make a U-turn, my car makes loud clicking sound. I had it axle and every thing else looks fine. No one can establish where the noise comes from. My car has less than 60,000 miles on it, and it should not have all these issues but it does.

- Austell, GA, USA

Aug 012011

Optima 6-cyl

Car was difficult to start after fuel fill-up. It got worse after each fill up. Tried putting fuel in while car was running, but it would just cut off. Must put foot on brake and rev gas after putting in fuel to get going. I was using kroger gas, I switched to shell gas but the problem persist. Also engine light has never come on. I think this is the same problem as the 2003 Kia.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Mar 172010

The contact owns a 2004 Kia Optima. The contact stated that the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the failure was a gas fume leak and the accelerator sensor needed to be replaced because it caused the vehicle to accelerate and decelerate without warning. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000. The current mileage was 129,548.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jul 232010

The fuel system is giving me problem after problem after problems I have changed the fuel pump 3 times in 12 months. And the head lights also keep going out. I've changed the left side head light twice and the right side once in 4-1/2 years.

- Memphis , TN, USA