8.3

2006 Kia Optima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Optima:

2006 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Aug 102006

Optima

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Optima. The contact stated as she was driving at 60 mph all of the warning lights came on and the vehicle shut off in the middle of the road. The contact tried to drive the vehicle to the side of the road so that it could be towed to the dealer. The dealer would replaced parts on the vehicle but the vehicle would continue to shut off. The crankshaft sensor had to be replaced three times but that was not the cause of the failure. The Kia manufacturer was called and stated that they do not cover any parts that are not under the warranty. VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 2,000. The current mileage was 78,000.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Sep 232006

Optima 6-cyl

After driving approx. 200 miles I stopped for a meal. Approx. 30 minutes later I started my Kia Optima (2006). It ran very rough then stalled & died. I had planned to stop at winery approx. 3-4 miles from cafe I ate at. I started car again. Drove to winery and as I pulled into parking slot, car ran rough & died again. I went back to shell station across from cafe I ate at. Called Kia roadside asst. Car was taken to Kia dealership in peoria, il. Service dept found misfire and changed crank sensor. Also performed other tests with regards to fuel pressure, etc. Retrieved car the following sat 9/30/06. Approx. 100 miles later that day on way to indianapolis, we stopped at museum. Started car approx. 2 hours later, car ran excessively rough at start up, but did not die this time. Drove back to indianapolis. Informed Kia and took car to local Kia dealer on 10/3/06. Car did not display symptoms until later in the day approx. 2-3 P.M. when I drove back in after start up while running errands. Service dept did notice misfire at that time. I am now waiting on a loaner car from Kia, so my car can go in for testing to find problem. Kia authorized waiting ref#K1230868 on 10/4/06.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA