2006 Kia Optima suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Optima:

2006 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Oct 012006

Optima

Immediately after purchasing my 2006 Kia Optima, I noticed a distinct "clunking" sound emanating from the front suspension every time I encountered a sharp bump in the road. I complained to the dealer on several occasions and was told that "they are all like that." I do not consider this a satisfactory response.

- Mt. Pleasant, SC, USA

Oct 182006

Optima 4-cyl

Front suspension rattles, bounces not absorbing bumps and road well for a new car. Tires sound hollow over bumps, and ping also. Tires have been replaced by kumho tire manufacture, but still have the same problem. Dealer says there is no problem with the front end of the car. I have been requesting help from dealer since I bought the car. The tire pressure monitoring system light is always going on no matter if I have less air or more air in the tires, its become a real problem.

- Park City, IL, USA