2007 Kia Optima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Optima:

2007 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Dec 052009

I have a 2007 Kia Optima, I purchased it on 9/2009. The problem I am having is as follows: When I am pumping fuel, I remove the cap and put the nozzle and pump gas and there are times I hold the nozzle or I put the lock so it dispenses on it own and whenever the tank is full it stops. When I remove the nozzle suddenly the fuel flushes out of the tank.sometimes its alot and others its a little. This happens all the time when I (fill) my tank. The fuel flushes out onto the floor and my car. I always have to clean the outside of my car and tell the gasoline attendee that there is fuel on the ground and they clean it up. No repairs has been done on this matter. I only pump 1/2 a tank now or just pump $20 to avoid having this incident again. Is there a report on this type of problem?

- Fort Worth, TX, USA