2.1

2010 Kia Optima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Optima:

2010 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Mar 012015

Optima

The weather strip on the windshield on the driver side just strarted lifting up and coming off as I was driving down the road. I checked the damage and saw the black piece completely off of the windshield. It continued to lift more as I drove. When it rained I believe water is now in the sensors because my odometer only reads "eco" above the actual odometer reading. It became such a hazard while driving I had to tape down the weather strip just to keep it from fully coming off my car and causing further paint damage to the side it smacks against. No mechanic will fix the issue due to being a maufacture error and I would have to replace the entire windshield if I did it myself. I have called Kia manufactors in ga only to be placed to voicemail without response. I asked the dealership I bought the car from and they also said to call Kia.

- Austell, GA, USA

Aug 032015

Optima

Various doors will not properly lock/unlock from the electric switch and the key fob. This is an interment failure affecting multiple doors in the vehicle. Different doors locks are failing at different times, both locking and unlocking. Based on my research on the internet, this affects a significant number of 2005 to 2010 Optima's. this defect could cause occupants to be trapped in the event of an accident or emergency.

- Slidell, LA, USA