2012 Kia Optima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Optima:

2012 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Sep 032015

Optima

Exiting hwy 71 East bound to woodward decreasing speed the vehicle in front of me had a car cut in front of her. I had a safe distance and slammed my brakes. My brakes did not grab as usual my car did not stop and I hit the vehicle in front of me. I truly believe my brake system failed. I will take my car into Kia when I get it back.

- Austin, TX, USA

Nov 072014

Optima

The interior overhead lights periodically come on and go off while operating our 2012 Optima. This occurs with the switch in both on and off position and the lightbulbs tend to become overheated.they do not respond to manual operation, but go off on their own and this malfunction repeats several times in a ten minute drive. Best-case scenario results in the bulbs burning out prematurely, but I believe there is a real chance of a more serious short-circuit and potential interior fire.

- Louisville, KY, USA