2013 Kia Optima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Optima:

2013 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Mar 162016

While sitting at a stop sign, my sunroof exploded. The roof was open and the weather was sunny and approaching 70*.

- Houston, PA, USA

Oct 172014

At a 4 way stop, (stop signs only) the car to my left was completely obscured by the side mirror and window housing. Street lights absorbed his headlights, car was dark blue. After looking both ways I let off the gas to proceed through the intersection to see a dark object right in front of me. I brake but we made contact scraping the paint from my bumper. I will say I just moved here from a larger town that only had stop lights so I had not noticed this problem before. I am 5'2" tall which also puts my eye level directly line of sight with the side mirror. It's a problem.

- Troy, MO, USA

Mar 052013

Optima 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Optima. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50-55 mph, the sunroof glass exploded. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where they advised her that the results of the inspection were inconclusive. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted but offered no assistance. The failure and current mileages were approximately 12,000.

- Fort Leonard Wood, MO, USA