2014 Kia Optima drivetrain NHTSA complaints: Power Train

NHTSA — Power Train Problems

2014 Kia Optima drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Optima:

2014 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Feb 112015

Optima 4-cyl

I was in a parking structure, stopped at a stop sign. I continued a few feet to my designated parking stall and when I turned the wheel the car accelerated at what felt and sounded like full throttle on it's own. The surge of the vehicle forced the car to crash into a concrete wall causing extensive damage to the vehicle and bodily injury to myself. The vehicle is only a few months old. This car has some very serious safety issues. Someone could have been killed. Now I am terrified to ever drive it again.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Aug 132014

Optima 4-cyl

When leaving a stop sign.red light or a drive way. Some times the car won't go when gas pedal is pressed.has a delay of about 2 seconds.have to floor the gas pedal to make it go. Very bad when other cars are behind me. Bought car May 30 2014. Had 5 or 6 incidents already. Dealer can't duplicate problem can't get it fixed. Suspect economy system is problem. The internet has similar complaints.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA