2007 Kia Rondo fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Rondo:

2007 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

Jul 082016

I have 2007 Kia Rondo. I purchased this used in 2010. In the last 2 years I have had to replace my fuel pump 3 times. It just stops working. I have dealer parts on my car and keep track of all services done to my car. It will just stop pumping fuel even though it sounds ad if pump is coming on. This has to be a defect because I have never had to replace the fuel pump on 3 times on any car I have ever owned. This really needs to be investigated as I've just replaced it again on July 18,2016.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Sep 042015

The fuel pump assembly stop working, it would only work long enough to get it moving then stall. This is a hazard because it can stall in the middle of the road.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jan 072015

Purchased a 2007 Kia Rondo from concord Honda, concord, N.C. Sept.,2014. Vehicle had only approx. 56,000 miles on it. While driving car started jerking forward and back. While coming to a stoplight or stop sign and decelerating(letting your foot off the the gas pedal) the engine would stall, then you could start the engine right back up. Now at 75,000 miles car will not keep running everytime you stop.engine light has come on, extended start and no acceleration...when you push accelerator it does not accellerate. Had engine light code checked and dealer tech diagnose is that here again it is the the fuel pump!!! cost to replace is $650 plus tax...factory deffective....somebody wake up !!!!!

- Cornelius, NC, USA

Mar 292015

My 2007 Rondo has been acting up, will not start directly after getting gas. My check engine light is on. Yesterday I did not get gas, however it stalled while I was driving and would not start as it does when I get gas. I fortunately was at an intersection. If it had stalled a little farther up the road I would have been rear ended as there was a car directly behind me. I have previously replaced the purge valve solenoid as suggested, no difference. Why is the 2.7 Rondo not recalled for this as the 2.4 engine was?

- Finleyville, PA, USA

Dec 222014

Rondo 4-cyl

The Kia Rondo has a rather unusual fuel tank that is also a suspension part. My car had never been in an accident, I had not run over any debris, there was no corrosion--but the fuel tank failed at about 112,000 miles and at 7 years of age. ***** I notice that other Kia have had fuel tank problems and/or recalls. ***** as a result of this failure, fuel was pouring from a leaky seam on the tank onto the ground, with resulting hazards to people and the environment. It took over a week to get another fuel tank; I don't know if this is because fuel tanks just don't fail, or if all the tanks in the supply system have been spoken for. ***** I think maybe every Rondo on the road should be recalled and the fuel tank replaced with one that will actually keep the fuel in the tank. Owners who have had to replace the fuel tank should be reimbursed. I contacted Kia about this problem; they act like they don't understand why I am not happy with gasoline pouring out of the car on the ground. ***** I no longer use the Kia dealer, as they pull B.S. stunts such as bringing out a dirty filter and wanting $80 to replace it. I have not been there since they did this exactly one week after charging me $80 to replace a filter. ***** the mechanic at dobbs, a local change that replaced by fuel tank, told me in his whole career he has only seen 3 leaky fuel tanks. He stated that they were all on Kia products.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jan 032013

Rondo 6-cyl

I've had my vehicle since 11/2008. It was purchased used from a Kia dealer. Although I knew it was a used 2007, it was not revealed until 02/2012 that there was more than 1 previous owner and that the back bumper was not the original. Overall the vehicle has driven well, but has 2 very specific quirks that truly need to be addressed by the manufacturer. I took the car in to the dealer regarding the 1st problem, which I see someone else on this site reported the same complaint; however, they told me that if it happens again to bring it back. It has been something that I've pretty much dealt with over the last 4 years, which is that sporadic/random starting/ignition or gas/fuel system issue in which I have to start and turn off the car several times before it will "rev" up and actually go/move. As another report stated, the driver had to "drift" home (or to a safe place to start back up again). There have been occasions where I thought it was good-to-go, but randomly lost its wind and I would have to go through the start/stop routine at least 6 more times to get moving. My 2nd issue is one of the seat belts in back does not always latch. If you pull real hard, it'll come undone, which is really scary especially w/ children. Like I said, this has happened many times since I first got the car back in 2008 and the mileage was much lower then. The mileage I reported here was notated on its last oil change.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA