2008 Kia Rondo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Rondo:

2008 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

Aug 192016

Rondo

I was driving my car..then all of a sudden it started raining..the steering went out the interior lights came on and the engine belt was making a awful noise! but what concerned me I could not control my car...I have look up the research of others complaining about the same problem

- Grandy, NC, USA

Jan 012014

Rondo

Every time I went through a puddle, the parking brake/brake fluid light and the charging system warning light would come on. It also lost power steering while this happened. It lasted few moments. This happened with every puddle and even on the freeway when water splashed underneath!!

- Metairie, LA, USA

Feb 212015

Rondo

The contact owns a 2008 Kia Rondo. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and the ability to steer seized. The failure resulted in a head on collision with another vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was driven to the dealer, but was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

May 012013

Rondo

On multiple occasions, our Kia Rondo has experienced an electrical issue that affects our power steering and our dashboard lights. These have all occurred while driving in wet conditions. We drove through a small puddle in the road and our power steering failed. At the same time our seatbelt light began flashing and our brake light and battery lights came on. We were able to get off the road and everything began working again in about one minute.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA

Jan 212011

Rondo

I tried unsuccessfully (3 time) to turn off my cruise control as traffic got slower. I was unable to get the cruise control to turn off by using the off (cancel) button on the steering wheel, tapping the brake to turn it off didn't work either. I did end up coming to a stop (skidding to a stop) in the middle of a snow bank in a field off the side of the road.

- Redford, MI, USA