2009 Kia Rondo seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Kia Rondo:

2009 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

Nov 012013

Rondo

Since I purchased the car at the Kia dealership in nc - it was raining and I drover over a puddle of water, I was making a right turn in the process and all lights turned on on dash - it slowed my car down almost turned off. Airbag light turned on (still on). Car turned back on but everytime it rains - I am afraid because my car stalls and it stops depending on the amount of water. This is dangerous especially if I am on the highway. I called the Kia shop and they find nothing wrong with my car and I have to pay to get the airbag light fixed. I don't think I should pay for something that I did not break. Since I have had my car - it has done the above at least 4 times and the airbag light is still on.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 302015

Rondo

When I brake the car in the high speed(maybe 40 miles and more in highway), the steering wheel is shaking, and I need to handle it very hard. And this situation is more serious in highway. And the airbag light is always on when I am driving.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Nov 112015

Rondo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Kia Rondo. While driving at an unknown speed, the steering wheel seized without warning. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The failure recurred three times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000. Updated 1/15/16

- Dansville, NY, USA

Jul 142015

Rondo

This 2009 Kia Rondo has had three air bag related problems. 1.the front passenger seat was replaced at $1700 because a sensor caused the air bag light to display. 2.the steering wheel air bag unit was replaced at $900 because again the air bag light was on. 3.the same day that the steering wheel air bag unit was replaced the air bag light again displayed and this time the clock spring was replaced at no charge. These air bag problems raise serious concerns about the safety of Kia vehicles.

- Medford, MA, USA

Jul 082015

Rondo

Air bag light has illuminated and won't go off. Which may result in possible failure in a crash.

- Cheektowaga, NY, USA

Jun 102015

Rondo

Nothing unordinary happened. However I believe it may have been around the time I had a new battery installed in my car. It went from one day to the next, where all of a sudden the airbag light can on and hasn't gone off since. I've had no accident, no major repair, nothing out of the ordinary. Now, I'm looking to take it to the Kia dealer, who wants to charge me $120 just to get codes and determine why the light is on. I feel this is something that should be covered under warranty, being that there is nothing a driver could do to cause a malfunction or disconnection with the airbags and how they function. I've seen three other posts on here where the airbags didn't deploy when they were suppose to. The big determining factor for my purchase of the Kia Rondo, was it's safety features, and all the airbags that are throughout the vehicle. Something seem terribly wrong with having to pay twice for something, that appears to have been faulty off the manufacturing line.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Sep 252014

Rondo

The contact owns a 2009 Kia Rondo. The contact stated that the air bag indicator continuously remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Calvert City, KY, USA

Aug 222014

Rondo 4-cyl

I was on the tollway in the right lane it was raining out a truck on the left side of me lost control hit into me and I ran into the light pole head on none of the air bags deployed I had my seatbelt on.

- Chicago, IL, USA