2.2

2009 Kia Rondo seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Kia Rondo:

2009 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Rondo

The 3rd row seat belt buckles (both of them) have broken/fell apart and are no longer usable. The seat belts are not able to be clicked/locked and create an unsafe environment for all occupants in the vehicle. I noticed they both broke when I went to buckle in my kids. The middle seat belt in the 2nd row also has locked up and retracted and will not unlock/release and is unable to be used. If someone was buckled in that position, the seat belt would have to be cut off to be removed from the person. It would prevent removal of occupant in case of an emergency. I noticed that the seat belt will not release when I was cleaning my vehicle. I contacted Kia motors America via social media and an agent of Kia contacted me back and said that I could take it to a Kia shop and have them check them out and if I wanted to, price out the replacement buckles and seat belt and replace them myself but just make sure to use oem Kia parts. Offered no real solution on Kia's behalf.

- Minto, ND, USA

Apr 232015

Rondo

The contact owns a 2009 Kia Rondo. The contact stated that the seat belt on the front driver side does not latch. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the diagnostic testing was that the seat belt needed replacement. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000. The VIN was not available.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Mar 252011

Rondo 4WD 4-cyl

2009 Kia Rondo LX - 2 broken seat belt buckles in back seat - the seat belt casing on driver side back seat completely came off; the middle seat belt buckle casing is cracked and inoperable.

- Houston, TX, USA