2002 Kia Sedona accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Sedona:

2002 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Jan 072002

Sedona 6-cyl

We have a 2002 Kia Sedona; we bought in Dec of 2001. Within the first 6 months, the alternator, battery, ignition switch, had to be replaced, along with sliding doors falling off the hinge. I complained of a wind noise for the first year no one knew what it was. It went unfixed. Within a year the shocks, the struts and sliding doors had to be replaced. My air-condition went out completely guess what no more wind noise. And no longer under warranty. My rear wiper control went out. Recently, while on thanksgiving vacation to Ohio we had to have roadside pick up our van as the transmission totally went out without warning. While in the shop we were advised our brakes were not safe to drive. We had never had a problem with the brakes. And the motor mounts were also in need of replacement. Was in the shop 14 days, we had to drive back to Ohio to when ready. The brakes went to the floor had never ever done that before. When we were on our way out of town, the transmission was acting up. We made it home on Dec 7th and no one at Kia could take the vehicle in until the service manager returned my call he was off for doctor visit. On Dec 13, I took my van in to be repaired, they called me and told me it would need a new transmission, and guess what they are also repairing the sliding doors 5th time I think. They have to also fix the dent in the hood that was not there, before the Ohio Kia took it in to be fixed. Today it has been 15 days. I still do not have my van. I would not recommend Kia to my worst enemy. Please allow others to know that Kia is a lemon if ever there were one.

- Oxford, MS, USA