2002 Kia Sedona brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Sedona:

2002 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Nov 012002

Front discs brakes warping, appeas to reoccur at regular intervals. I took my Kia Sedona to have this corrected at the dealer in 12/1/02. It had its rotors and pads replaced, but the same problem reoccured with in 5K miles. I did not take Sedona for service untill it got really bad especialy when exiting the freeway. Buy this time my bake worranty had expired. My bad. The dealer still worked with me and resufaced the rotors for a minimal charge. 3K miles later rotors rewarp, at this time I decided to pushes a set of new rotors, pads and istall them my self. The Sedona worked great for 7K miles then disc bakes rewarp.this tells me that the brake rotos are under engineered. So with this in mind, I sent my old rotors to be resurfaced, crossed drilled and slotted. With a new set of regular pads I reinstalled my rotors and pads. So far I got 35K miles on these brakes and they still have plenty of meat with no warping. My Kia Sedona has 50K miles and no other braking problems have accured.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 182002

When applying brakes and coming to a red light, pedal went to the floor and vehicle did not stop. There was a thumping present, and ABS kicked in, allowing driver to stop vehicle. Dealer changed brake pads and rotors.

- Moundsville, WV, USA