8.0

2002 Kia Sedona engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Sedona:

2002 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

May 012011

Sedona LX

The initial problem was loss of power after car was good and warm usually after about 15 mins of highway driving. It felt like the engine would drop to 3 cylinders. idle was real low, often might stall when coming to a stop. Was never diagnosed by KIA techs. They did a tune up, replaeced plugs and wires but no help. Thru my own research, I discovered it was the mass air flow sensor. A new one was over $400, so I found one at upullourparts for $60.00 Ran fine for a while then would happen again. I bought some mass air flow cleaner and every other week I have to remove it clean and replace it, over and over again.

- , Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA

May 162006

Sedona

i have this 2002 Kia Sedona and have performance issues. it hesitates after i replaced the spark plugs and ignition wires. the check engine comes on now i have to take it back to Kia for a diagnostic check. the check will cost me 85$ if anyone has any better solutions call me at 4696932822 this is my cell phone my name is frank

- , Waxahachie, TX, USA