2005 Kia Sedona electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Sedona:

2005 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Jul 172006

Sedona

2005 Kia Sedona, when I first purchased vehicle, only about 3 weeks old, I went outside to start it and smoke came pouring out of steering wheel area, so much so that I was in the process of calling 911 after getting my young child out of her car seat and out of van, the smoke was significant and just stopped as quickly as it started, I took the van in and they acted like I was crazy and said there was nothing wrong, then last week with only 30,000 miles on the van, I pulled into the store parking space and came out and the steering column and wheels and ignition were completely locked and frozen, the van had to be towed in to the dealership because no one could get the steering column or ignition to unlock, they told us it was a cable that was out of adjustment, I have never heard of a cable being able to render a car completely inoperable at 30,000 miles, what is it went out of adjustment while I was driving down the freeway!!!! I strongly feel there is something fundamentally wrong with the steering column and connected systems in the steering column and they are not telling us the truth when we take it in for repair.

- Howell, MI, USA