2006 Kia Sedona body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Sedona:

2006 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Dec 042012

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. The contact stated that the under carriage was completely corroded. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 36,000.

- Waterville , WA, USA

Sep 042013

Sedona 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona van. The contact stated that while inspecting the vehicle, he noticed that the front sub frame was completely corroded. The contact planned to perform the repair himself. The manufacturer was not made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000..... updated 10-17-13

- Batavia , NY, USA

Jul 282013

My family has a 2006 Kia Sedona ex, we got it brand new. No major issues with the car just some minor electrical issues (most except for this issue have been recalled). The power sliding doors. Drivers side has been the worst. First time it happened it was fairly new. It started as the power door would occasionally pull itself in the wrong direction when opened or closed resulting in the motor making noises then it would beep. Later it started opening but not making it to its latched position. Took it in had the motor replaced. Then about a year later it died. Just died.. no power what so ever. Took it in and they replaced the motor again and the latch release. 2 years went by just fine then we lost the latch release. So the door would open or close but you would have to pull the handle or else it would get caught. Took it in a 3rd time and they replaced latch release on both sides. No more issues. Until now. About 4 days ago the auto latch release died on the driver side door. Yesterday I went to go get something from the store and as I was waiting in the parking lot I tried to test he passenger side door. Pressed the button the auto release opened. But the motor sounded really slow. Then I press the button to close it. And then auto release died on that side too. No sound just stopped working. This is the 4th time we are taking it in for the power door to be fixed. I did some research on youtube and google and found that many other 06 Sedona drivers have had these issues. We have gotten recalls for it in the past but none involve the power sliding door. Car is at 90K and the 100K warranty is about to go up. With the number of times we have had to take it in I hope that a permanent fix will be made or the motors will be recalled because as soon as it passes 100K we are on our own. And fixing something that shouldnt break for the life of the car is not okay.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Oct 122012

Was in a accident struck many trees lots of front end damage, both passenger and drivers side damage and my air bag did not deploy.

- Chicopee, MA, USA

Sep 102010

2006 Kia Sedona ex, passenger power door opens without warning usually after any moisture, heavy rain or car wash, won't close.

- Detroit Lakes, MN, USA

Aug 312006

I have owned my 2006 Kia Sedona since August 2006. During that time, the power sliding doors have proved to be extremely unreliable and potentially unsafe. Most of the time, the passenger side sliding door will not close properly. It will power to the closed position, continue trying to close (making a grinding noise) and then either pop open a couple of inches or power open again completely. It will then beep three times. This happens on flat surfaces and even slight inclines. The door has opened whilst driving on the highway. I have been to two dealers (many times) who are unable to replicate the problem or have tried making "adjustments" to them. I keep on being told that the door is operating as per design. We avoid using the passenger side power sliding door when we can. This problem has recently started happening on the driver's side door as well. Judging by the number of complaints about this problem on both the 2006 (and later) Kia Sedona and Hyundai entourage (exactly the same vehicle) on the ODI website, and numerous internet newsgroups, this is affecting a lot of people. I love the van, but am completely fed up with the power sliding doors and want them fixed.

- Lawrenceville, NJ, USA