2006 Kia Sedona seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Sedona:

2006 Kia Sedona Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Aug 052016

Sedona

Went to auto parts store for oil filter - parked car. After filter purchase left store, tossed oil filter (fram TG9999) on passenger seat and started car; air bag light lit for the first time ever; no air bags were deployed. The vehicle (2006 Sedona) has never been in an accident. The vehicle has 150052 miles on it and runs well. Contacted Kia about issue to see if there was a recall for air bag issues - was informed that there was no recall and told that vehicle is out of warranty having more than 100K miles, so I would have to have this serviced by a Kia dealer. Date below approx.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Aug 092016

Sedona

On our second airbag sensor issue for this vehicle. Now stating weight sensor in front passenger seat is defective rendering the entire airbag system nonfunctional. A costly fix at $2500. After seeing the numerous complaints on this site I am a bit appalled that Kia has not offered a recall on this issue. Will be second guessing whether or not a Kia will be our next vehicle purchase...when prior to this incident it would have been a no-brainer.

- Collinsville, IL, USA

Feb 252016

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 51,866.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Apr 032016

Sedona

My 2006 Kia Sedona airbag light would come on and then go off after driving for a few miles or a couple days and this happened periodically on and off for a couple years. It has now stayed on for the last 4 months. Turned on the van one day and the airbag light never went off. Was sitting in my driveway on a flat surface. My van had a hundred and fifty-one thousand miles on it when the light came on and now has a hundred and fifty-three thousand miles. I bought this as a new van in 2007. It was a left over. I have had to replace the headlight bulbs and turn signal bulbs on the front over 10 times since I've owned it. This also seems to be an issue that people have stated with a 2006 Kia Sedona.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Mar 012016

Sedona

My airbag light has been on for months. Never had an accident of any kind. It won't go out. Looks like a common problem on these 2006 Kia's. reading online that your airbags won't work if the light is on. Not happy about that. Apparently our government is not putting any pressure on Kia to do a recall on this! can't afford the high price to get it fixed! will sell the car instead if I have to. Just turned over 100K on it. Figures. Too bad. I really like this car.

- Derby, VT, USA

Jun 062015

Sedona

The ESC and the ABS light came on and know the break lights don't work and it keeps blowing my head lights the air bag is on and they stay on. This happens when you put it in gear and they stay on the whole time the auto is on. At frist it did every once in a while but know it stays on and my brake lights doesn't work.

- Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Apr 212016

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. While operating the vehicle, the air bag senor light remained illuminated. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Parma, OH, USA

May 052016

Sedona

This complaint is regarding a single-owner 2006 Kia Sedona. Since 2006 I have had numerous electrical related problems. Over half the buttons and knobs on the stock cd player/radio have not worked for approximately eight years. I am having to replace headlight and turn signal bulbs every few months. The airbag indicator light is illuminated and will not shut off. I have not been involved in any accidents (yet) and would expect my airbags to deploy if and when necessary. My understanding is that the airbags will not function if the indicator light is illuminated. This is a major safety concern, as this is a family vehicle and I have three small children, and I take frequent road trips due to my job. As far as I know, there are no recalls associated with the airbag or electrical/lighting system for this vehicle. Based on my research of complaints associated with this vehicle year, make, and model, recalls should be issued so affected owners may have these problems corrected at no charge and to prevent injury and or death.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 042016

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated and the horn stopped working. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Neenah, WI, USA

Mar 012012

Sedona

Shortly after warranty expired (early 2012), the air bag light went on our Kia Sedona. I took the van to our local Kia dealer to check and they told me that it was the weight classification seat sensor assembly (part 88610 - $1399.75 at that time) that had to be replaced. After labor cost and taxes it would be $2022!! Kia was having some recalls around that time, but none to address this issue. The main reason we bought this van for our family was because of high safety ratings involving all the airbags. Now we are driving without airbags and praying for extra angels around the van when we have to go on the highway. We would like to take long road trips, but that seems too dangerous without airbags. Please investigate and you will find out it is a common issue with this make and model. Kia needs to step it up and fix this issue; lives are at stake. Thank you!

- Sheboygan, WI, USA

Jul 242015

Sedona

My airbag light is on like many of the people I have seen complained about. This is a safety issue, I have read people saying it could cost $2000. I do not have that kind of money luckily in the state of Pennsylvania your vehicle can still pass inspection of the light is on. But the point is I have family who use my van from time to time and I'm afraid of an accident happening and no airbags. I think it's ridiculous Kia won't issue a recall it seems to be a known problem.

- Fairless Hills, PA, USA

May 182007

Sedona

New 2006, a few months after he bought the van, someone hit me in the rear on the stop light and the airbags never activated, the repair shop said it had no rear air bags, that is why do not active system. 2014 light "airbag" is lit and remains so since then, the dealer charges a fortune only to diagnose, 2014 I had an freeway accident, to prevent a truck hit me flywheel onto the shoulder, hitting the fence right boundedness and ending with the wall head-on collision in central divider... of course "airbags" never worked

- Victorville, CA, USA

Dec 282015

Sedona

Front chassis need to be replaced and I change 2 alternator and baterry less dam a year is not safe casue the vehicle shuts down and the pedal brake geta hard to stop the van and the airbag light keep on all the time

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Oct 132015

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag wire harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Sep 012015

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. While driving at 5 mph, the vehicle heard a noise coming from the rear brakes and the vehicle began to shake. The air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 98,000.

- Greensburg, NC, USA

Jul 052013

Sedona 6-cyl

My air bag light came on, and has stayed on ever since. The dealer wants $100 to check why the light is on. I told them Kia should check it for free, because it is a safety issue. They told me Kia won't do this. I don't think they care enough about their customers. I am sure they will care, when someone with this issue, gets into an accident, and their air bags do not deploy.

- Pewaukee, WI, USA

Apr 012015

Sedona 6-cyl

2006 Kia Sedona with about 80000 miles on it. I have had the vehicle for over 3 years and have never been in an accident. My air bag light is on and it is due to a bad sensor under the seat which is not our fault. At the moment when this light is on no airbags work and this is a family vehicle. Kia needs to pay to fix these problems as they are their fault, there are thousands of people with the same make and model as me with the same issues. Kia needs to make a recall on all 2006 Sedonas and pay for these faulty wires and sensors they installed. I do not have 900 bucks to fix something I did not cause, where are consumers rights!!??

- Lowell, MA, USA

Dec 242014

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. While driving at an unknown speed, the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure recurred continuously. The approximate failure mileage was 135,000.

- Jasport, NY, USA

Jul 082013

Sedona

My air bag light came on and has stayed on since then. I have not had the money to have it looked at.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 082015

Sedona

"air bag" light stays on after engine ignition when it should turn off. The car has never been in an accident. We have three kids who frequently ride the vehicle and worry that should we happen to been in an accident the air bag will not activate. Therefore, this kindof of endangerment must be dealt seriously and, therefore Kia should issue a recall for the vehicle with similar problems to correct the faulty device.

- Germantown, MD, USA