6.0

2007 Kia Sedona accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Sedona:

2007 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Jul 212008

Sedona

I own a 2007 Kia Sedona minivan. I contacted the dealer concerning the rear sliding passenger doors. The doors had opened on three separate occasions during a family trip to and from Ohio in which my two granddaughters were riding in their safety seats. The van was taken in to the dealership and I was told they had no complaints concerning the doors but that they would check the doors. The dealership stated they made door adjustments to both doors. Again the doors opened and I took the vehicle back to the dealer. The gentleman stated he knew what the problem was and he would insure it was corrected. This time I was told it was a sensor. Again the door opened when I took the van back I was told "Mrs. Davis we can not find a problem with the doors I don't know what to tell you." I was so upset by his response that I contacted Kia corporate which they asked that I take the van back into the dealer. I was the modules would have to be replaced and that they will take a week to get the parts that they are working with a tech from Kia. The modules are replaced in both doors. Again I have another event of the door opening on the passenger side. I also discover my tailgate door only opens manually even though it was to be powered. I take it back to Kia and they state they had the wrong modules put in and replaced them with the correct modules. They doors opened twice on my return trip from Oklahoma on Saturday November 22, 2008 again I had to stop and close the doors. This vehicle is a real concern as I purchased this vehicle in April 2008 and I have only had it 8 months. It has placed me in fear of transporting my grandchildren who live with us. They are 5 months and 2 years of age.

- Raeford, NC, USA

Aug 152007

Sedona

The contact owns a 2007 Kia Sedona. While driving at any speed, the vehicle hesitates as if it will stall. The check engine light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they performed a diagnostic, which produced misfire code numbers P0305 and P0300. The vehicle was been to the dealer approximately 4 times with no resolution. In addition, both sliding power doors were unlocking and sliding intermittently on their own. The current mileage was 22,560 and failure mileage was 19,582.

- Windham, CT, USA