2.1

2007 Kia Sedona engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Sedona:

2007 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Mar 172015

Sedona 6-cyl

We went on a road trip from Ohio to Texas and the vehicle started making a sound we immediately pulled it over and all the lights (oil, engine, etc) came on. We had it towed to a Kia dealership and found out that the whole bottom of the vehicle was corroded. There was a hole in the the coolant line and all of the coolant leaked out of the car causing the vehicle to overheat and destroyed the engine. There was no warning about a problem with the coolant line. Now all of the lines need to be replaced because it is all corroded underneath the car. They are quoting over $20,000 of repair work for the vehicle. We have under 80,000 miles. We never had these problems on our 2002 Kia spectra that we still own. Kia is currently unwilling to repair or replace this defective vehicle.

- University Heights, OH, USA

Mar 082015

Sedona

The contact owned a 2007 Kia Sedona. While the vehicle was parked, the engine compartment caught fire. The fire department was able to extinguish the fire. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Aug 152013

Sedona 6-cyl

I have read several complaints about this same thing I have experienced now on three separate occasions. I too have suddenly lost power and the ESC light and check engine light comes on. The gas pedal is virtually dead, you push the pedal to the floor and all you get is about 1500 RPM and about 20 mph. If you pull over and turn the car off and re-start it, it will work. Very dangerous to be going down the road and suddenly lose power.

- Marshfield, WI, USA

Aug 012013

Sedona

I have been having an intermittent "non-start" issue with my car. I would turn the key and nothing. The lights would go on, radio would go on, but the car wouldn't do anything towards cranking and starting. No clicking noise, nothing. I would get out of the car open and close some doors and most of the time it would start. Also, I was driving on the highway when the ESC off light came on. Whenever I stopped it would go off until I got back on the highway again. I had my mechanic plug it in to see if any error codes show, but there was nothing. I checked online and found a recall for these exact issues tied to the stop lamp switch, but when I took the car to Kia dealership they said they had fixed the recall a couple years earlier. I bought a new stop lamp switch myself, (genuine Kia part, not generic, ) and had it replaced again. (cheap part of and installation.) I then went on road trip and nothing was fixed. ESC off light was on nearly the whole time and I had a non-start during trip. There has to be another issue involved here. I live in New York city so I hardly ever am driving on highways, so road trips was only time I would see ESC off light and I rarely if ever use cruise control, so I don;T know if I would have the cruise control issue tied to this standard group of issues either.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 032012

Sedona

The contact owns a 2007 Kia Sedona. The contact was driving 35 mph when the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact attempted to restart the vehicle several times before it would start. The failure recurred several times. The dealer was notified but offered little assistance. The manufacturer was also notified and advised the contact that they would be in contact with the her at a later date. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 109,076.

- Salisbury, NC, USA