3.0

2008 Kia Sedona miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Sedona:

2008 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Nov 092016

Sedona

I had a tire sidewall separation. I bought four new tires and this is the second one that came apart.

- Chardon, OH, USA

May 202016

Sedona

With emergency brake the van rolled away.

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 122016

Sedona

I was driving about 40-50 mph on a route road when the hood very suddenly and without any warning flipped back smashing the windshield, forcing me to move to the side of the road as soon as possible.

- Pingree Grove, IL, USA

Jun 122015

Sedona

I have had issues with the manual sliding doors on my Sedona. Many times the doors will not latch and lock so it's very frustrating. I do not feel safe with my kids in the back because I'm afraid the doors are not locked properly. Also during the winter the manual sliding doors are frozen shut and it's been like that from the day O purchased the van.

- Milwaukee , WI, USA

Apr 302014

Sedona

TL- the contact owns a 2008 Kia Sedona. The contact stated the speedometer does not accurately log miles and speed. The vehicle registers 3 miles higher then normal. The vehicle door's are also not properly opening and closing. Intermittently the contact can hear a loud electrical grinding noise coming from both rear driver and passenger doors. The contact took his vehicle to the dealership for diagnostic test. The dealer was unable to properly repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Oswego, IL, USA

Jun 222013

Sedona

The first time this incident happened, I was driving my 2008 Kia Sedona van on a level street at approximately 30mph. The van started accelerating at a fast speed and the brakes would not work. Fortunately, there were no cars coming the other way and no people out walking. I was not able to stop at the stop sign and I put on my emergency brake and turned off the van. The second incident occurred while I was driving up a hill. The van started accelerating and I was not able to use my brakes. This time I put the van in neutral and was able to regain control of the van. I took the van to my mechanic and they did not find any problem with the brakes or anything else. My friend also experienced a similar incident with her newer model Kia Sedona and uses my same mechanic and found nothing wrong. Her incident happened before my first episode in June. Today, I was driving my daughter to work and the same thing happened as I was driving up a slight elevated street. I was not able to use the brakes and shifted into neutral. I was able to slow the engine and get her to work. I have five children and I have had at least one of them with me when each of these incidences has occurred. I called the Kia dealer today and they told me to call Monday. This is a very scary situation and I fear serious injury may occur. I was on residential streets when all three episodes occurred and did not have my cruise control on as noted from other Kia owners who have experienced this on the highway.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Oct 242010

Sedona

1) few times on different occasions lost acceleration pedal (sort) no RPM response, only idles, . incidents recorded on "Kia black box so far four (4) time.. no any explanation, repairs or what to do with repeatable problems from Kia service..2) very lately while driving in traffic at speed approximately 40 mph all suddenly car completely shot down with loosing steering power, brakes otherwise car totally disabled.. all lights on dashboard "on".... again Kia service didn't detect (probably box not programmed for that event).. problems not diagnosed, no any repairs, replacements (computer chips?).. car not safe for driving on public roads considering 1) my safety and 2) public safety on highways... despite promises Kia..service is contacting me or providing evaluation.... I am afraid to use that car safely... I was approached by man who had similar problems on Kia optima and also was left without answer... updated 01/20/11

- Beverly Hills, FL, USA