Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Kia Sedona received a poor rollover rating from the IIHS.

2012 Kia Sedona body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Sedona:

2012 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Mar 272015

Sedona 6-cyl

While driving with my 4 year old twins in my 2012 Kia Sedona the passenger power sliding door repeatedly opened while the vehicle was in motion. The first time I was actually entering the expressway on the on-ramp - not certain of my exact speed but I was accelerating to allow me to yield into traffic. I obviously pulled the van over immediately - my daughters and I both frantic. This was the second issue with the power doors that particular evening. The first issue occurred approx. 10 minutes earlier when I was unable to get either door to open at all. I tried to open them with the remote; the overhead console open/close; the interior open/close on both doors; I turned off the power to the doors and tried to open them manually - the doors would not open. They continued to set off the interior lights/alarm as if they were trying to open but were not. Thinking it may be related to outside temperature (which is what Kia had suggested to me previously when I had complained about issues with the doors sticking) I proceeded towards my home. The passenger side sliding door opened twice more. I never imagined anything like this could happen - when you purchase a vehicle shouldn't it be safe to assume that doors (such as power sliding doors) will remain closed when they are supposed to. There is most definitely some kind of mechanical failure that is allowing this to happen. Kia suggesting that they cannot do anything about this is not acceptable. I understand the desire to duplicate the issues as I have described to them but unfortunately I cannot make that happen any more than they can. The solution to this problem is not cross your fingers and hope for the best. The vehicle doors are randomly latching and unlatching. There is significant risk to my children that are passengers in the vehicle when the doors open during operation.

- Clinton, OH, USA

Jun 012012

The contact owns a 2012 Kia Sedona. The contact stated that while driving at 10 mph, the driver's side sliding door opened independently. The failure recurred frequently along with the rear passenger sliding door. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who replaced the actuator on the rear passenger door and the modules in both rear doors. The failure was not corrected and recurred. The failure was reported to the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 5,000. The current mileage was 20,000.

- King , NC, USA

Sep 302011

The contact owns a 2012 Kia Sedona. While driving 50 mph, the sliding doors and the rear hatch door opened haphazardly. The dealer made two attempts to duplicate the failure. The passenger side sliding door was repaired but the failure persisted. The manufacturer did not offer any assistance and the vehicle was not further repaired. The current mileage was 2,000 and the failure mileage was unknown.

- Woodbine, NJ, USA