2015 Kia Sedona electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Sedona:

2015 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Jul 282015

Battery dead for three different times in past five days. Worked after jump start (with a stanley 450/900 amp jump start system), but during last two occassions (on 07/27/16 and 07/28/16 it got hot too fast specially when car was stationary (engine running) for few minutes. It went hot to boiling (almost to the point of fire explotion), and evaporating acid from both sides's top (huge amount of white toxic smoke). Definitely the battery is damaged. Dealer is willing to replace; but I believe this is a safety critical issue that should be carefully investigated to find the root cause, which may not be the battery alone or itself, but a more serious and complex electro-mechanical design failure. Stats are backing-up my thoughts: The main topics of complaints for this car (so far) are electrical/battery related. I have a video of the smoke from the battery. I owned several other cars with dead battery issues, but never this kind of scenario where battery is about to explode. (note: My VIN number may not appear in us database because I bought car in puerto rico, manufactured in Korea).

- Arecibo, PR, USA

Nov 072015

The engine stopped after driving through a small bump at the park lot (low speed), accompanied by steering wheel locking by itself. Tried to restart the car and it didn't work. Jump start was also unsuccessful. The car was towed to the nearby dealership. After days of waiting, I was told problem can not be diagnosed but they offer to replace the computer. Now I am waiting for their new result.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Jun 292015

Had turned on the air in the seat and smelled a plastic burning smell when I parked my car and went in my house to get my swimsuit and towel and returned outside smoke was rolling out of the car. The car was on fire at the drivers side seat.

- Jasper, AL, USA

Dec 182014

Sedona 6-cyl

Backup and seat belt chimes cannot be heard in this vehicle dealer has been informed of problem however states volume cannot be increased. This is a new car purchase I stated to the dealer that the Kia sorento I traded could be heard why can't this one be made to hear also.backup warning is to detect objects not seen in mirrors but if it cannot be heard what good is it?

- Lilly, PA, USA