2001 Kia Sephia drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Sephia:

2001 Kia Sephia Owner Comments

Jan 042011

I am complaining because my gear shift won't shift. In the owner's manual, it says if this happens to remove the small cap on the gear shift box and put a screw driver in the hole to manually shift, which I have had to do for the past few months. If they knew it was going to happen and placed a back-up plan in the manual, why didn't they fix it to began with" it would cost a few hundred dollars to replace the gear shift cable. Why should I have to be the one to do this" I think it is Kia's responsibility to replace my gear shift cable. Like I said, it is in the owner's manual to use a screw driver if the gear shift fails. Updated 04/21/11

- South Bend, IN, USA