3.1

2010 Kia Soul engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Soul:

2010 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Jul 192016

Soul

The contact owns a 2005 (na) Kia Soul. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V123000 (vehicle speed control) and 15V736000 (steering); however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Wiggins, MS, USA

Oct 012015

Soul

My wife and I were driving on the highway going about 70 when all of a sudden the car seemd to shift down to 3rd gear almost having the car behind us rearend us. Has been happening all the time if we go over 65 or 70.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Dec 292013

Soul

I own a pre-owned 2010 Kia Soul! with approximately 47K miles, clear title and no accidents. On Sunday 12/29/13 my car experienced sua (sudden unintended acceleration). I was driving approximately 35 mph, approaching a rotary, when my car suddenly accelerated on its own. The rpms spiked up to 4000-5000 and my car lunged forward and the engine was racing very loudly. I had to pump the brakes multiple times to decelerate and bring the car to a complete stop. This incident is now the 4-5th time I have experienced sudden acceleration (within 1 year), usually happening between the 35-45mph range. The car will accelerate on its own (even if I've been at a complete stop, it will jump forward with rpms running abnormally high) and I'll have to press on the brakes significantly. I brought the car to lev Kia in framingham MA where they ran a diagnostic test (12/30/13) and apparently found no recorded "trouble codes" and said they had never heard of this problem before and there is nothing they can do about it if they cannot recreate the incident. With some minimal research online, I was able to find other Kia owners reporting the same issue, including another 2010 Kia Soul that resulted in a severe accident due to the speed control. This is obviously not a secluded incident and further research must be done. I feel unsafe driving my Kia Soul!

- Boxborough, MA, USA