CarComplaints.com Notes: Look past the horrible hamster advertising campaign and you'll find a vehicle that is comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable. Just don't expect to set any MPG records on the highway (a side effect of driving a car shaped like a lunchbox).

4.1

2011 Kia Soul miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Soul:

2011 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Sep 292016

Soul

I was driving my 2011 Kia Soul on a city street at approximately 25 mph when, at about 8:30 am, the sunroof suddenly shattered. I heard what sounded like a gun shot and felt and saw glass coming down on and around me. I was able to pull over immediately. I felt very startled and shaky, but was physically unharmed. I got out to see what had happened and found that sunroof bowed upward at the crack. Nothing struck my vehicle, on the sunroof, or anywhere else. Driving and road conditions were good. It was a clear and mild morning with a temperature of 56 degrees. Upon researching online, I found numerous other similar incidents documented from other drivers of Kia Souls, other Kia models, and other carmakers with spontaneously "exploding sunroofs."

- Asheville, NC, USA

Oct 012011

Soul

When it rains the floorboards fill with water (literal puddle) front and back, mainly on the drivers side. I purchased this vehicle new and have been the only owner, I did not notice the issue until after the mileage warranty had slightly expired. I contacted the dealer once I noticed the issue and they of course wanted $$$ to even look into the issue. In researching for a resolution on the internet this appears to be a very common issue with these vehicles. The main concern is health safety and possible electrical issues that can result from so much interior wetting. I had contacted the dealer again (bill byrd Kia panama city fl) to ask if there was any new information concerning this issue and spoke with and allan and a chris at the site and was hung up on by both individuals.

- Chipley, FL, USA

Sep 122015

Soul

A bad bearing, caused air pressure in left tire to inflate to a dangerous psi, that could blow tire, causing an accident at high speed and death. The vehicle was being used to drive 525 miles, from dallas to Kansas City, mo. Driving conditions were dry, with 85 deg outside temp. After driving 200 miles, the left tire heated up to a dangerous 45psi, causing the tire indicator light came on. We stopped to check tire and air pressure, found dangerous psi and released air to safe 32psi. After 150 miles, the left tire again re-inflated to dangerous 44psi again. We immediately pulled into walmart, replaced two front tires, thinking it was a worn left tire, but tire was graded at a #4, half wear. Both new tires were at proper inflation. After 175 miles, light came on again, driving on turnpike, at 65mph. Air psi was 46psi on the left tire, again. We removed 14 pds of air and drove 50 miles home. After taking it to a certified Kia service garage, they said it was the bearing and replaced the left bearing, at no charge, saying it was under warranty. The vehicle was not in an accident nor was the bearing damaged in any service repair process, indicating only reason for failure of bearing as poor manufacturing and/or installation. Bearing is either made with inferior material or not properly lubed/packed.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

May 022012

Soul

Speed control - the speed control did not disengage on numerous occaisions, when the brake was gently applied or tapped, speed control did not disengage and the speed actually increased. The vehicle is currently with the dealer. We were able to demonstrate replicate the problem with the service technician driving the vehicle. Horn - does not activate seems to occur when vehicle warmed up. Was able to demonstrate to dealer stability control light activates and does not turn off intermittently

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

May 102011

Soul

Since purchasing my Kia Soul on Feb.28, 2011 I have replaced the windshield twice! yes, it was hit but small stones both times, but one would think the windshield should withstand such impact. Any minor thing that hits the windshield appears to be leaving big paths out of the windshield and causing damage. To me, this is a safety issue and needs to be addressed.

- Haverhill, MA, USA