Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Look past the horrible hamster advertising campaign and you'll find a vehicle that is comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable. Just don't expect to set any MPG records on the highway (a side effect of driving a car shaped like a lunchbox).

2011 Kia Soul seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Soul:

2011 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Jun 222016

From the driver's seat, my shoulder harness comes from left shoulder to right hip, where it is latched. The shoulder harness does not stay in a cross-body position and rides up to under my right armpit. I do not have a barrel belly that would force this up. The strap then is high enough to cross over my neck. I will be taking the car to the dealer to see if there is any "fix" for this, because I don't want to be beheaded by an improperly positioned strap. I have moved the adjuster on the door post and changed my seat postion. Neither action made a difference. With the seat more forward, the steering wheel is pretty close. How far away should I be? anyway, I'm just wondering if others have had a problem with the shoulder harness riding up and what can be done about it.L

- La Crosse, WI, USA

Feb 112016

The contact owns a 2011 Kia Soul. While driving approximately 45 mph, the seat belt unlatched and struck the contact in the face. The air bag light illuminated. The contact called a local dealer and was informed that there was no recall. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The contact sustained a minor cut that did not require medical attention. The failure mileage was 86,285.

- Clarcona, FL, USA

Jan 262015

My Soul was involved in a side imoact roll over crash im which the passenger seat belt unlatched and theee was no air bag deployment O was traveling at approximately 60 mph and the truck that struck the drivers side was traveling at approximately 30 mph...updated 08-06-15

- Commerce, GA, USA

Apr 182013

Soul 4-cyl

I was thrown against the drivers door (yes seat belt was properly on) and suffered a tbi as well as extreme bruising along the entire left side of my body why didn't the side curtain airbags deploy?. I was rear-ended and the right rear tire was where the passenger seat used to be.. also the drivers seat broke in the prone position on impact as I was spinning across two opposing lanes of traffic.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Aug 312012

The contact owns a 2011 Kia Soul. The contact stated that after impacting the rear end of another vehicle, the air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt did not retract. A police report was filed and the driver sustained bruises and contusions. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 15,500.

- Fort Benning , GA, USA