CarComplaints.com Notes: Look past the horrible hamster advertising campaign and you'll find a vehicle that is comfortable to drive, roomy and reliable. Just don't expect to set any MPG records on the highway (a side effect of driving a car shaped like a lunchbox).

2011 Kia Soul steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Soul:

2011 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Apr 282015

Soul

My daughter was traveling on a country road at 50 miles per hour. Another vehicle crossed into her lane, hit her head-on and she died on the scene. When the police department arrived to investigate, they noticed that the steering wheel of her Kia Soul detached from the column and they located the steering wheel (airbag deployed) in the floorboard behind the driver's seat.

- Round O, SC, USA

Oct 222012

Soul 4-cyl

I was driving to work, making a left turn into the parking lot when the front passenger tire blew. The steering wheel pulled sharply to the right and I was pulled into a curb. This caused over $1600 worth of damage to the car. There was a huge hole in the side wall of the tire and no evidence of any metal or anything in the tire. Also, the tire pressure indicator light has never come on, so I know they were at the proper psi. I contacted the dealer when the accident happened, and was told they have no responsibility for the tires. They actually looked at the car and all they said was "this is just bad driving." I then called the Kia company and talked to three different people. Their conclusion was they are not responsible for the tires. One person even asked how much I weighed! this vehicle is a 2011 and only has 8,200 miles on it. I had to go through my insurance to get it fixed. I believe that Kia should stand by these tires, because nexxen come standard on their vehicles. Since this has happened, I have researched online and have found people have had similar problems with the tires on Kia vehicles.

- Arnold , MO, USA

Jun 152011

Soul 4-cyl

When driving at any speed & need to suddenly stop, the vehicle brakes lock up & do not stop the vehicle in time. Basically, the tires lock up & the car continues to skid & screech. This is especially aggravated when the vehicle drives over a pothole or other defect in the roadway while braking or in constant stop-&-go traffic. The vehicle has narrowly missed crashing into other vehicles or structures numerous times. I noticed the problems within a couple of weeks of purchasing the new 2011 car. It feels very dangerous & scary & I'm very uneasy about driving in certain situations because I'm not sure if the car will respond properly in an emergency.

- Floral Park, NY, USA