2012 Kia Soul accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Soul:

2012 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Oct 192015

My car's heater assembly control has failed and in doing so my car's heater defaulted to cold and face making it impossible to defrost the windshield. Kia wants an astronomical fee to diagnose the problem and even more for the part and installation.

- Laurel, DE, USA

Sep 102013

Soul 4-cyl

Driving down local street when a stone hit the windshield cracking it. Kia has a bumper to bumper warranty I called them to fix the windshield and was told that it was not covered. I then took the car and had it repaired by a glass company. The repair cost me only $37.50 but I have never had this happen before in any car or truck I owned. This is also the first new car and foreign car that I bought. I know this happens but! if Kia is offering bumper to bumper warranties the windshield should be covered.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Aug 242013

Soul 4-cyl

Sat. 8-24-13, around 3:20 pm, I went out to my 2012 Kia Soul parked on the street, in part-shade, in a residential area of centerville, oh. The windows were cracked, and the temp outside was in the mid-80's. I opened my front door & put in my beach bag. I then opened the back door, and closed the front door, when I heard a 'boom'. the back glass on the hatch back exploded from the middle & laced everywhere else, leaving a hole in the middle about 2 feet wide. Everyone at the scene stated that they had never seen a window break in that way, from heat or whatever, and it was their feeling that it had to be a 'defect' in the glass. I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I called 411 information & asked for the Kia dealership in centerville. They gave me the number to the dealership in huber heights. I spoke to the GM, who answered the phone & I explained the situation. Kia has a 60,000 mile, bumper to bumper warranty, that is boasted about as one of the best in the industry. I figured with it being a fluke, and not like brakes or tires that had normal wear & tear, that it would of course be covered. The GM proceeded to tell me that it wasn't, and that they couldn't help me but that I could bring it in on Monday, as the service center was closed at this time. I asked if he could give me the number to the centerville dealership, as they gave me the wrong number. He stated that he didn't have their number & that it wasn't convenient for him to get it either. I stated that it was less convenient for me, as I was on the side of the road. He still refused to help me in any way get the number to the other dealership where I purchased my car. The back window will cost anywhere from $265 - $440 to replace. Wow !!

- Miamisburg, OH, USA