2012 Kia Soul brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Soul:

2012 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Jan 112014

Soul 4-cyl

We were traveling down a rural road in Kentucky. A deer ran out in front of us. We struck the deer at approximately 57 mph. There was considerable damage to the front end of the vehicle and it was not drivable. Our airbags did not deploy.

- Olmstead, KY, USA

Jul 092013

I was slowing approaching parking spot. Vehicle started speeding rapidly, I could not stop vehicle and crashed into a brick building. My son was yelling to stop, I said I am trying and cannot. The air bags came out, car was smoking, badly dented. Windshield broke. We were bruised and scratched. There was over $9500 worth of damage. The vehicle malfunctioned and sped out of control.

- Blaine, MN, USA

Mar 202012

Soul 4-cyl

The brakes on all four wheel are "extremely" sensitive. This is not brakes grabbing, it is the the slightest pressure on the brake pedal brings braking system on "hard". in a panic stop situation it is very difficult to control the light touch to the brake pedal without over braking. The deal said this is normal. I say bs, this isn't my first new car. In a nut shell, the braking system is to sensitive making it difficult to control correct stopping distance.

- Des Moines, IA, USA