2012 Kia Soul lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Soul:

2012 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Jan 232014

I purchased the vehicle in December and every so often the gauges and the lights in the dash will not work. The vehicle failed to shift into gear. I had contacted the dealer from whom I purchase the vehicle, I then took it to their repair shop. The gentleman (mechanic) was unable to determine the cause. I then called the dealership and requested another vehicle, of course they refused. In a matter of days, the dash materials began to work again. Unfortunately, 20 days later, the same thing happened again. None of the lights and gauges in the dash work, and the vehicle will not go into drive. I am simply unhappy with the matter, because they are charging me nearly $20,000. For the vehicle.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Jul 232012

The contact owns a 2012 Kia Soul. The contact stated that after a heavy rain, condensation was found in the passenger side head light. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 8,200 and the current mileage was 8,300.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Mar 172012

I posted a complaint earlier with the blinker and headlight not working. I took it back to the dealer 3/17/12 it was a loose ground they fixed it and I thank god it was something simple.

- Rochester, NH, USA

Mar 142012

Driving home from work turned right blinker on to make turn and noticed the blinker arrow in the instrument cluster stayed on.when I got home I checked the lights and blinker and on the right side the headlight and blinker were not working.I called the dealer and they are going to look at it.I have only had the car 24 hours I will let you know what happens.I am praying it is just something simple.

- Rochester, NH, USA

Jan 092012

Not sure if model is 2012 or 2011. A Kia Soul was in front of me at a stop light. The stop lights on the vehicle were so bright as to almost blind me. Is there a national standard that limits the maximum light on brake taillights?

- Renton, WA, USA