2012 Kia Soul suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Soul:

2012 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Mar 152013

Soul

Bought wife brand new 2012 Kia Soul in 2012. Got standard transmission. At around 20K I noticed a squeal coming from the vehicle when the clutch was completely disengaged, by that I mean vehicle running foot completely off clutch. I presumed it was a throw out bearing. Took it to local mechanic and he agreed. So I took it to local Kia dealer. Bought vehicle in denton Texas, but had moved 7 hours South to corpus christi area. When I took it to Kia in corpus I got the run around. Yes of course they could hear it but everything was working mechanically. So I was basically told too bad. Wife really wanted the Soul. And now I have to tell her Kia doesn't care if it makes embarrassing noises while she's driving, just as long as I'm making the payments. Throw out bearings are not supposed to squeak or squeal. That noise is metal on metal friction, the energy it takes to make that noise has to be made by some sort of fuel. In this case it's metal rubbing on metal in a fashion that causes an unbearable amount of pressure until something finally gives prematurely. Wife decided she would do her best to ignore it. And just enjoy her new car. Here we are 2015. Has made that horrible noise all these years. We both despise the vehicle and Kia in general for the lack of ethics. Last month she was driving behind a work truck and the work truck had a major malfunction. Front passenger tire broke off of the truck at the upper and lower ball joints. The assemble flew back and smashed into my wife's car. The guys insurance claimed his responsibility. They had the vehicle at allen samuels for 5 weeks. Picked it up last night. Throw out bearing is unbearably loud and new squeal as well. Body shop said not their problem. Should have replaced it when I first heard it. They replaced whole front right of vehicle, but didn't touch loud new squeal.

- Port Aransas, TX, USA

Jul 142015

Soul

My car was going approximately 50mph when it rear ended a stopped vehicle in the middle of a busy highway. Then my car was rear ended seconds afterwards. My car was scrunched (totaled), both front and back, and the airbags never deployed. Had the airbags deployed, the injuries to the driver would've been much less severe. I have huge concerns and doubts about the safety of this model. I don't think the airbags in this model propertly function.

- Mcminnville, OR, USA

Aug 242012

Soul

Driving South on I65 between gardendale, al and birmingham, al. At approximately 60 mph - clear day, sunny appx 80 degrees at 11:00 am cst. Concrete roadway with expansion joints. Experienced violent gyrations - car literally bouncing off roadway. Slowed to 50 mph and moved vehicle to far left lane - roadway was smoother and car returned to a stable condition. The original lane was rougher. But the car became very unstable to the point of fearing that I would lose control. I was able to resume normal freeway speeds without further incidents. No apparent damage but I will have the suspension checked by the dealer.

- Brownsboro, AL, USA