2013 Kia Soul seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Soul:

2013 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Apr 162016

Soul

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Soul. While at a complete stop, another vehicle crashed into the front driver side of the contact's vehicle. The contact sustained whiplash that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. In addition, the navigation functioned improperly. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 57,800.

- Jacksonboro, SC, USA

Jan 292015

Soul

Received recall notice for Kia Soul on Jan.29. To date (2/22/15) I have been unable to reach them by phone or E-mail even though I have called every day. I have not received any response whatsoever to any of my calls or E-mails. What do I do to get service for this dangerous condition in my car?. I have several long trips planned in the near future & would like to have this fixed before I leave. Please respond with some helpful info as I am at my wits end.

- Laguna Woods,, CA, USA

Dec 122014

Soul

I was involved in a head on collision with a 2001 Jeep Cherokee which turned left in front of me as I traveled in the straight lane. My speed was approximately 40mph. The entire front of my vehicle is caved in, but none of my airbags deployed. Both of the airbags in the other vehicle deployed.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Nov 172014

Soul 4-cyl

Vehicle was hit in right rear corner by another car. Sent vehicle into a spin where it was hit in the front right by military truck, vehicle continued to spin until it came to a rest on the highway. The seat belt did not engage and the air bags did not deploy...updated 12/03/14 updated 5/11/2015

- Mcchord Afb, WA, USA

Aug 292014

Soul

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Soul. The contact stated while at a stop, a vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle causing it to crash into the rear end of another vehicle. The contact mentioned that the air bags failed to deploy. After the failure, the contact noticed that the seat belts became inoperable. The driver sustained injuries to the chest, head, back and legs. The front passenger sustained injuries to the chest, back and legs. The rear driver side passenger sustained injuries to the head. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified about the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 21,000.

- Olympia , WA, USA

Mar 202014

Soul 4-cyl

I was second in line at a stop sign and was hit by 2006 Ford F150 traveling about 50 mph in the drivers front quarter panel. The only 2 airbags that deployed were the steering wheel and the front passenger air bag. The 2 in the pillars coming down along the windshield did not deploy, neither did the ones on the door.

- Deer Park, TX, USA

Jan 042014

Soul

Was making a left hand turn into a parking spot next to car that was already parked, was barely moving when all of a sudden the car takes off hits the curb and hits the wall of a building, air bags deployed. We had been driving that morning with no problem until that time. Front end was totaled with possible damage to the wheels/axles due to the impact with the curb. Couple of days later neck pain probably due to whiplash, glasses were knocked into the back seat - wife just jammed her pinky.

- Skokie, IL, USA

Oct 312012

Soul 4-cyl

Airbag exploded on impact with gaping holes with heavy smoke coming out with hot heat causing redness to my chest and redness to my hands and a blow to my wrist that caused fracture to my left wrist.

- Bloomfield, NJ, USA

Nov 102013

Soul 4-cyl

An accident occurred where our 2013 Kia Soul hit the rear of another car. Excessive damage occurred to our car to the point where it was not driveable. The air bags did not deploy.

- Houston, TX, USA