2014 Kia Soul drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Soul:

2014 Kia Soul Owner Comments

May 162016

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. After parking on an incline driveway, the vehicle rolled backwards independently without warning. The failure would recur, unless the parking brake was engaged. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 10,200.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 292015

Soul

Taking a day trip to the crayola factory, we were 10 miles from our destination when we first smelled smoke then saw it coming in through the vents and from the front passenger corner of the vehicle. I first checked the gauges to see if it was over heated, nothing. Popped the hood and that's when we realized it was on fire. We raced to get the 2 small kids out of the vehicle as the flames were starting to over take the front hood. We were able to secure the kids and get far enough away from the vehicle but 3 minutes later the car was gutted. Nothing but metal left on the inside. We had no warning that something was wrong while driving the car, no engine light, no overheating - just smelled and then saw smoke. We were lucky we had a place to pull off on a busy highway. I was told by the police officer that I'm lucky that I turned off the car and opened the doors before the locks malfunctioned as he has seen in other Kia cars. My hope is that Kia can find the source of the fire and do a recall before anyone else is faced with this nightmare. I reported it to Kia via social media, but they seemed more concerned on how to take my pictures off rather than fix the issue.

- New Cumberland, PA, USA

Sep 242014

Soul

Driving Soul down highway when another car came across the highway- three lanes, from a private drive in front of me to access turning lane. I hit his rear driver side with my front left drivers side. Air bags did not deploy. Car was totaled.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jun 092014

Soul

TL- the contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. The contact stated that the vehicle hesitated constantly when shifting gears and was slow to pick up speed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who recommended replacing the timing belt but did not provide a specific diagnosis to remedy the failure. The contact notified the dealer of the safety concern with the vehicle several times. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100. The VIN was not available. Dyd

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Apr 012014

Soul

When accelerating from full stop or rolling stop, vehicle hesitates and loses power when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.

- Herndon, VA, USA