2015 Kia Soul body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Soul:

2015 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Aug 272016

Soul

You crank the car the doors lock. You lose electric power you can't open the doors!! no way to get out of car!! was lucky one window was down!!all doors need to be able to open with out power< what if on fire or in water?? the car was setting in parking lot of walmart listing to radio and the bat ran down!!

- Conehatta, MS, USA

Jan 222016

Soul

I was coming out of a red light intersection and when I tried turning to the left the car would not turn and kept going straight. It turned minimally and hit the curb scratching the 2 passenger side wheels (front and back). No airbags were deployed as I was only at maybe 20-30mph. As the car aligned with the road again I notice the steering is 90% impaired. I still manage to drive home as there were very few cars on the road but the car would randomly sometimes, very strongly veer to the right or left, making it extremely dangerous. I remember there was a recall letter I had received and when I got home I checked it out and it described exactly what had happened to me: "the pinion plug which secures the pinion gear to the steering gear assembly may loosen due to the use of adhesive with insufficient bonding strength during assembly. If the plug loosens sufficiently, the pinion gear may separate from the steering gear assembly which could cause loss of steering and result in a crash.". I think in my case this pinion came completely loose and that caused the crash. The car was just towed to a Kia dealership but now they will inspect and decide if that was the case or not. What if they simply decide they will say this was caused to something else and not the recall issue?

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Sep 042015

Soul

My son was in a rear-end collison in his 2015 Kia Soul, that also pushed him into the person in front of him. My son was at a stop as well as the vehicle in front of him, when a mid sized SUV doing approximately 30-40mph slammed on her brakes and rear ended my son. The Soul's bumper went underneath the Chevy Tahoe in front of him. The airbags did not deploy. When police and ems showed up and asked him if he could drive it off the road, the vehicle started, but accelerator would not work. They pushed it off the road. After towing to the body shop, the owner said he didn't know why the airbags hadn't deployed because the electrical wiring harness had been severed in the crash. The towing company was hesitant to tow because he was afraid it may go off. The Soul had an estimate of $15,753.75 in damage and therefore totaled...but his airbags never went off.

- Dinuba, CA, USA

Jul 242015

Soul

Was driving down an interstate on a July afternoon. Temperature in the mid 90's with ac set on 72. Driving with no cars around at 60mph and all of a sudden hear what sounds like a gun shot. I looked around to see if I could see anything wrong and did not see anything until I looked up. The panoramic sunroof had shattered completely. The roof fragments I could see was lifting outward. I called my haircut appointment to cancel and drove straight to the nearest Kia dealership. On the way over, the small glass fragments between the actual broken fragments started to fall so I closed the sunshade. Also on the drive to the dealership, some of the broken glass fell out onto the road behind me. Its been 2 weeks and so far no news from corporate Kia on replacing my sunroof.

- Tucker, GA, USA