$1,200.00

1. heater core replacement (1 reports)
2002 Kia Spectra AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Spectra:

2002 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Jan 262008

Spectra GSX 1.8L

I bought this car brand new in 2002. Served me well over the years, but just a month ago the heater core started to leak. This is a MAJOR problem because it basically rendars the car underivable. The smell through the vents in unbearable (antifreeze) and because of this the heat cannot work. I called my Kia dealership and the they quoted the job to be 1200 with parts and labor. I think this is outrageous that the heater core sprung a leak at such a young age. I own a 73 Camaro and it still has the original heater core. I refuse to repair the car Kia's value decline at such a quick rate that it isn't worth it. I'll never buy a Kia again.

- , Bronx, NY, USA