2003 Kia Spectra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Spectra:

2003 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

May 232014

click to see larger images

unexpected acceleration with foot on brake unexpected acceleration with foot on brake

On several occasions the car has sped up on its own while the brake has been pressed. The car was taken into the mechanics with this complaint on several occasions. The mechanics have looked into this problem and were not able to replicate it even when the car was left over night. Every year the car has had regular maintenance but every once in a while the problem would return where while pressing the brake the car would surge forward on its own and I would have to brake harder. On every occasion I took it back to have the problem looked into again.

Well on Friday May 23, 2004, I was making a right turn and just before I pressed the accelerator the car surged forward on its own and hit the pole next to me causing damage to the side of the car and kept accelerating forward while I was still in the turn to smash head on into the wall in front of me!! The airbags deployed but I was hurt. This car has serious acceleration problems!!!

- , Mississauga, Ontario, Canada