2006 Kia Spectra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Spectra:

2006 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Jul 152014

The airbag light in my daughter's 2006 Kia Spectra stays on. The passenger/occupant sensor mat is defective. This problem first appeared at 61,000 miles. The dealership says the repair will cost in excess of $2,000, so I cannot afford to have this fixed. Also, the brake switch is defective and only works intermittently. This prevents the brake lights from illuminating.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Aug 172012

Spectra 4-cyl

I was driving on hwy 40 E approaching exit 153 in heavy rainfall. Approximately 0.25 miles from the exit the truck already on the exit ahead of me began applying its brakes. Pre-braking measures were taken. The wheels locked up and I collided with the truck in front of me and flew forward into the steering wheel. I had been braking the entire time, but my seat-belt did not lock into place. My airbag did not deploy. I suffered bruising, severe headaches, and minor cuts as a result. Insurance declared car as total loss.

- Statesville, NC, USA