2007 Kia Spectra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Spectra:

2007 Kia Spectra Owner Comments

Aug 152010

Spectra

My 2007 Kia Spectra stalls out every time I fill the tank. It stalls during high rate of speed and during normal low speed driving. My Kia is out of warranty, and from what I have read on other sites it would be a waste of time to have it fixed. Also I had to replaced the stop light switch under the dash. The recall was with 5 Kia models but not the Spectra.

- Tuxedo Park, NY, USA

Nov 102008

Spectra

I purchased a Kia Spectra and reported to the dealership southwest Kia that my gas pedal was sticking. I re-injured my right hand. I took the car to the dealership for inspection. But the peddle kept sticking. I also purchased a insurance that will pay your car payments when you are unable to work due to a medical condition. I filed a claim and it did not pay my car payments. Next thing I went out and my car was gone. The dealership accused me of making a false complaint. This all happen in 2009 not long before you found gas peddle sticking. Can you help me ?

- Dallas, TX, USA