1998 Kia Sportage cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Kia Sportage:

1998 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Apr 031999

I purchased my Kia Sportage on 7/14/98. On 11/20/98, my battery was dead. I took my Sportage to the dealer for the recall for the steering intermediate shaft coupling as soon as I received the recall notice. My brakes made a "squealing" sound since purchase, but I was informed by the dealership that this is normal for disc brakes. The brake light began flickering, then staying lit so I made an appointment with the dealership service dept. But was unable to keep it due to illness. The brakes now have a "grinding" sound and I am concerned about their safety factor. In August of 1998 I was stuck in traffic for over 2 hours due to a bad highway accident and the radiator overheated so I had to turn off, and keep off, the A/C. recently, the engine is overheating and fluid drains when the car is parked. I feel that this is a lot of problems for a new car less than 9 months "old". could these problems be defects" could the brake problem be associated with the recall problem" thank you for this opportunity to report my problems and concerns.

- Arlington, TX, USA