8.0

2001 Kia Sportage accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Sportage:

2001 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Apr 182013

Sportage

I turned the key off on my Kia this morning and the engine didn't cut off. I took the keys out and the power shut down ie. windows, radio, fan, but the engine continued to run. I could even drive without the keys in the ignition. I've had this happen a couple times before and I've noticed this only seems to happen after a good rain storm when I've driven through large puddles.

The only way I have found to get the engine to shut down is to disconnect the battery cables.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

- , Kirkwood, IL, USA