2.5

2001 Kia Sportage fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Sportage:

2001 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Oct 152007

Sportage 4-cyl

My 2001 Kia Sportage had a strong gas odor for a couple of weeks. I was told by the dealer to get a new gas cap. The odor became stronger and I took the car in for repair at an independent service station. I was told I needed a new gas tank. The tank was corroded and leaking. I had the gas tank installed in October, 2007. The car had 61,000 miles.

- Sylvania, OH, USA