2005 Kia Sportage seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Sportage:

2005 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Jul 162016

Sportage

My airbag light went on July 16 2016. I took the car to sussman Kia in jenkintown pa.to check light. I was told it is a faulty seat belt.the air bag may not deploy properly. I was told to replace the seat bely assembly $715.25. The work order invoice #52875--20 July 2016.should this not be a recall item for safety by Kia motors?

- Jenkintown, PA, USA

Jul 012016

Sportage

Air bag light on continually. No accident or deployment.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Nov 072015

Sportage

The contact owns a 2005 Kia Sportage. The contact stated that the air bag lights illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the seat belt buckle failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 78,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 012013

Sportage

Air bag light came on and has remained on every since. No accidents involved. Based on another complaint I seen, must be a factory fault.

- Ripley, TN, USA

Jul 292013

Sportage 4WD 6-cyl

Air bag light stays on! took the car to my mechanic to "fix it" for $72, and only two weeks later, the light went on again. I was told to pull on and jiggle the passengers seat belt to make it go off, however, that doesn't work. Do I want to spend another $72 to "fix it"? the cost to replace the sensor would be approximately $435. When the air bag light is illuminated, the big risk is that the air bags will not respond in an accident.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Mar 012012

Sportage 6-cyl

My 2005 Kia Sportage was hit on the drivers side during an auto accident. Neither airbag on the drivers side deployed.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 212009

Sportage

2005 Kia Sportage T-bone crash and the side seat and curtain airbags failed to deploy causing severe head concussion and neck back injuries. Product liability/defective Kia SRS system.

- Denver , CO, USA

Oct 212009

Sportage

2005 Kia ex care accident mother hit by drunk driver on driver side door causing head injury concussion. Side airbag and curtain did not deploy. This can cause long term effects and she is currently unable to work.

- Denver , CO, USA

Jun 292006

Sportage 4-cyl

I was involved in 2 low impact crashes with this Kia Sportage 2005 model. One was a rear end collision at 20 mph and the other I was hit from the side in a parking lot. Both times the other driver drove away without damage. I suffered 3500 dollars worth of damage from the first incident and 7500 from the second. The vehicle was not drivable both times. Airbags never deployed. I am very concerned as are other individuals who witnessed the incidents that if the speed had been any greater the personal injury would have been great. I have never had a vehicle sustain so much damage from what should have been fender benders.

- League City , TX, USA