2007 Kia Sportage brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Sportage:

2007 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Nov 112015

My SUV was in motion and the ABS, ESC and the diagram of the whole drive train lit up. I was backing out of my driveway when all of these lights came on at the same time.

- Hagerstown, MD, USA

Sep 012015

Brake lights are not operating and the electronic stability control system malfunction light stays on. Kia has a recall SC098 (nthsa number 13V114000) for this exact problem, when I took the car to the dealer they informed me my VIN does not fall in that recall, I spoke to Kia and they informed me the same, yet my car has the identical problems described in the recall notice they have also informed me the hydraulic electronic control unit and the recall has verbiage of hydraulics. My concern is Kia states I am outside the recall window with the identical issue as stated on the recall from 2013 and expanded at least once

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Jul 232015

The contact owns a 2007 Kia Sportage. The contact stated that when the brake pedal was depressed, the rear brake light failed to illuminate without warning. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 13V114000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, where it was diagnosed that the bulbs needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired twice, however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 142012

Sportage 4WD 6-cyl

Hi! I just took my 2007 Kia Sportage in for an oil change today, July 14, 2012 and initially thought that my tail lights were burnt out. The mechanic stated that my vehicle's brake lights were not working at all. After researching the internet, I found out that Kia recalled 2007 Sportage in 2009 because of external break lighting issues. I was not notified of this recall by the Kia dealer whatsoever and have driven this car for three years. I am completely beside myself that I drove a car for three years with a major safety recall. At this point, I cannot afford a new car so I do not know what to do. I guess I should consider myself lucky to be alive. I have to submit this complaint because it is not right to keep this information from consumers. It is negligent and irresponsible to sell a car to someone if it has a safety recall and not to notify or warn them about it.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA