2010 Kia Sportage accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Sportage:

2010 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Oct 012010

The headrest position in new vehicles has caused thoracic outlet syndrome in this driver who is 5'4". my cervical spine is forced out of alignment with my thoracic and lumbar spine. After driving four or five hours which I do for work, I experience neck and shoulder pain. Arm and hand tingling/numbness and pain is so severe that it has interfered with the performance of my job. I can promise you that if I experienced a rear-end collision, I would suffer a closed head injury as my head and not my neck rests directly against the headrest. I'd rather take my chances with whiplash. Just as all drivers don't have the same leg lengths, neither do all drivers have the same torso length. There will be many, many, many more severe injuries in shorter people. Just watch the data, which will speak volumes. There are injuries now without collision. There is no adjustment available to lower the headrest to its intended position, against the neck. The only alternative is to remove it completely.

- Allison Park, PA, USA