7.4

2012 Kia Sportage lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Sportage:

2012 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Mar 202014

Sportage 4-cyl

At approximately 5:30am, I was driving down the freeway. My Kia Sportage suddenly made a loud bang, and the engine stalled. It also shut off the headlights, and disabled the power steering, while on a curve, going 70mph. The power assisted brakes were also not working, because the engine shut down. I managed to pull the vehicle over without incident, but was almost hit by several vehicles that could no longer see me, because my lights were off. The engine would not start up again, and I had to have the vehicle towed home. This is the 3rd time this vehicle has done this, and Kia refuses to repair the vehicle.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA