NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump Problems

1998 Land Rover Discovery fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Land Rover Discovery:

1998 Land Rover Discovery Owner Comments

Jan 102001

Discovery 4WD

Was entering the highway from an interiour ramp (no shoulder) when the vehicle stopped running. Waited in left lane with flashers on and seat belt fastened until idot appeared (Land Rover roadside assistance had not yet arrived) since Discovery's can not be towed, the idot truck had to push my vehicle across six lanes of traffic and North two miles to an accident investigation site. The dealer replaced my fuel pump. In the three months since they replaced the original fuel pump, the car has failed two more times. Each time the fuel pump is cited. Now it has been in the shop for three weeks as they await an adapter harness from overseas. I have zero faith in the auto. I am afraid that my children are going to be injured when the car fails again. The dealer is being difficult. He offered us $22, 600 for our car and said we could get a different '98 with 2,000 more miles than our S for $26,995! he actually is thinking I am going to let him make money from this frightening situation.

- Winnetka, IL, USA